• CoQ-10 is an important vitamin-like substance required for the proper function of many organs and chemical reactions in the body, and helps provide energy to cells.
• Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects body tissue from damage by free radicals; keeps the immune system strong against viruses and bacteria; and is important in red blood cell
• Patients with periodontal disease commonly have a deficiency in CoQ-10 in gingival tissue. (1)
• In a double blind clinical trial, patients treated with CoQ-10 had a significant reduction in the symptoms of periodontal disease after three weeks of treatment. (2)
• In a prospective study, low serum levels of Vitamin E were associated with more periodontal disease; while patients in the middle and higher tertiles of Vitamin E were associated with lower periodontal disease. (3)
SUGGESTED USE: 1 or more soft gel capsules per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
Contraindications – If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product. This product contains the following potential allergen: soy. Those taking blood thinning medications should use caution.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent, or cure any disease. Consult a physician before taking. Should you experience any serious physical side effects from taking these nutritional supplements, discontinue and call your doctor immediately.
1. Nakamura R, Littarru G and Folkers K. Deficiency of coenzyme Q in gingiva of patients with periodontal disease. Int J Vitam Nutr Res 1973; 43:84-92
2. Wilkinson EG, Arnold RM and Folkers K. Adjunctive treatment of periodontal disease with coenzyme Q10. Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol 1976; 14 (4): 715-719.
3. Iwasaka M, Manz MC, Taylor GW, et al. Relations of serum ascorbic acid and alpha-tocopherol to periodontal; disease. J Dent Res 2012 Feb; 91 (2): 167-172.