90 Soft Gel Capsules
• Vitamin D3 deficiency is implicated in a variety of diseases, including periodontitis.
• Vitamin D3 is essential for calcium absorption and helps maintain the proper balance of calcium and phosphorus in bones.
• Vitamin D3 plays a role in calcium and bone metabolism. Vitamin D3 has been shown to function in cancer prevention, immunity and cardiovascular regulation, and plays a role in maintaining oral health through its effects on bone and mineral metabolism and innate immunity. (1)
• Deficiencies of Vitamin D3 may lead to the resorption of bone around the teeth and destruction of the periodontal ligaments that anchor the teeth to the jawbone. (2)
One tablet daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
One tablet supplies:
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)………………………..5,000 IU
† These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent, or cure any disease. Consult a physician before taking. Should you experience any serious physical side effects from taking these nutritional supplements, discontinue and call your doctor immediately.
1. Amano Y, Komiyama K and Makishima M. Vitamin D and periodontal disease. J Oral Sci 2009 Mar; 51 (1): 11-20.
2. Jeffcoat MK, Chesnut CH. Systemic osteoporosis and oral bone loss: evidence shows increased risk factors. J Am Dental Assoc 1993 Nov; 45-56.